Knitting with Cables
Cables add rich texture and intrigue to any garment. From basic crossover stitches to complex Celtic knots, the imagination can put them together in more ways than can be counted. This class will teach you the basics of knitting cables to charts and designs.
SKILLS you must have to complete this class: Know how to cast on, cast off and knit and purl.
Supplies to bring:
You will be given a sampler to knit
- 4 ounces of a worsted weight yarn. A wool or wool blend. A good inexpensive yarn is Encore by Patons.
- Based on your gauge for a soft, but firm fabric. If in doubt, bring sizes US 6 - 8 and we will swatch. I like using circulars. 16 or 24 in are suitable.
- cable needle, or a dpn one or two sizes smaller than your knitting needles
- row counter
- graph paper You can download some graph paper by clicking <HERE>
- notions such as scissors, darning needle, measuring tape, etc.
COST of Class: $50.00
I. Traditional Cables
II. Yarns and Tools
III. Casting on, TENSION control
IV. Crossing Over
V. Reading Charts
VI. Adding cables to designs
VII. Designing with cables in mind