Making Felted Soap and Felted Balls
A fun half day of felting that can produce some funky and fun gift items.
Cost of class: $35.00 plus a $8.00 supply fee. The supply fee includes all your felting wools, plain and dyed for the project
**Skills to bring to class: No previous felting experience is needed
Supplies to bring to class:
1. 2 bars of soap. Any kind will do!
3. 2 Styrofoam balls at least 2 - 3 inches in diameter
4. A pantyhose legs and at least 5 twist ties
5. A large thirsty towel
6. A large plastic dishtub
7. An empty water bottle with a squirt top (like the Dasani bottles)
1. What kind of wool makes a good felt?
2. What causes felt?
3. Wool anatomy under the microscope
4. How to sample for felting ability
PLANNING YOUR PROJECT, DYEING YOUR FIBERS
1. Fiber preparation
2. Dyeing ahead of time
1. Properly drafting your fibers
2. Directionality & considerations
1. Agitation, hot and cold
2. How to test for initial bonding
3. Spot felting
4. MORE rolling and TESTING, proper wetting